Insurance for pop up spaces
What insurance do I need for my pop up shop, restaurant or event?


Pop up shops are a great way to start or boost a business, and over the last ten years have gone from being relatively uncommon to being part of everyday retail life, used by a wide range of industries. Whether you are opening a pop up shop, launching a restaurant or cafe or holding a product launch or event on the high street, you will need an insurance policy that covers your stock and contents. A good insurance policy will protect you against damage to your goods and fittings, loss of profit, insuring your money, employer’s liability, public and products liability and legal protection cover. Public liability insurance will most likely be a requirement of your pop up lease agreement and a condition imposed by any landlord for renting you space on a short term basis.

Most insurance policies will not cover you for less than 12 months. Cancellation and minimum policy fees can prove to be expensive if you are only opening your pop up for a few days, weeks or months.


Damage to stock; having to close for a period of time for repairs; a customer slipping over in your shop; even a car crashing through your shop front! – anything that impacts on your business can be a costly experience and it’s essential to have the right cover in place to make sure your business is protected. 

Popupspace has exclusive access to specialist pop up insurance with the UK’s largest insurance company Aviva. Pop Up Insurance protects a wide range of customers and is tailor-made to your individual needs and costs depend on location, duration and proposed use. 

Get a no obligation quote